7 Easy Steps To A Clean Kitchen
We all appreciate the role of our kitchens, especially as they are widely regarded as the vocal point of any household. Whether it’s cooking meals, talking with the family or sitting down and reading the morning paper, we could all do with a thoroughly clean and tidy looking kitchen space.
It’s important to remember that the kitchen is one of the first places your guests will reach, as you’ll likely be offering them a drink or snack. In addition, many open-plan kitchens have seating areas and dining tables that are great for communal gatherings. For these reasons, it’s essential to have a kitchen that’s in the best possible condition all year round.
So what can you do to make sure your kitchen is as clean as possible throughout the year? We tend to grab a mop for the floor on occasion, scrub the oven hobs, organise the dish cloths and make sure the sink is empty each day, but are we fully aware of the true cleanliness of our kitchens?
It’s quite easy for germs and bacteria to develop in the kitchen due to the moisture that often appears from the taps and the plumbing system, as well as a kettle or whenever you need to boil water. It’s also a common to have a bin in the kitchen due to the amount of food waste that needs to be thrown away or recycled.
So to ensure that your kitchen is thoroughly cleaned, it might be useful to follow our guidelines here at Apple Clean so that you can rest safe in the knowledge that your friends, family and visitors will appreciate a healthy-looking kitchen space.
- Dusting is a good place to start, as you’ll need to get rid of all the loose dirt before washing anything.
- Next, assemble a cleaning solution and start wiping down walls, cupboards and cabinets, targeting grease stains and other dirt marks.
- It’s now time to move to the oven. Ovens attract the most dirt of all kitchen appliances, so cleaning your oven should be a patient process. Not many people choose to clean their oven, but there are plenty of cleaning solutions available to get rid of particularly tough grease and food stains.
- Apply anti-bacterial cleaning solutions to the sink and other areas where bacteria commonly thrive. You don’t need to spend long doing this, just make sure all the anti-bacterial solution is removed afterwards through a normal cleaning procedure such as scrubbing.
- Cleaning your fridge out and reorganising can be highly satisfying, especially if you’ve been coping with a dirty fridge for months!
- Get rid of the rubbish and organise a recycling bin for food waste. Having two separate bins is an easy contribution you can make towards the environment.
- Finally, get hold of some hot water and multi-purpose household cleaning solution and start mopping the floor.